Friday, January 13, 2012

As part of my New Years resolution I joined the Sketchbook Challenge. Another Monthly project to look forward to. This months theme is doodling. These are not true doodles as what I know a doodle to be. However, it is what happened when I put pen and brush to paper for this months theme and there you have it. String Beans and Apples.

I've had my watercolors for years but have not mastered them. That is a problem. I want to master them. How about we accept what we can make from them and be satisfied? In the past if something doesn't come out looking the way I want it to, I toss it aside and walk away. Not this time. It's about facing our limitations and being statisfied with what can be done vs an unrealistic vision of greatness. Greatness is not a bad thing. It is something some are born with and others sweat to become. I may not end up a great artist but I can sure try. Even Rembrandt and Michaelangelo had to begin somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment