Monday, September 3, 2012

Sorting Through Life Events and Full Closets

My darling little blog. How I have missed you. It wasn't that I was trying to ignore you, but that real life got in the way of my on line life. Between renovating the cottage, computer issues, family health and much home maintenance there hasn't been time for you. But today is a new day and I carved out a niche of time especially for you.

In the process of packing and downsizing it amazes me the collections of schtuff that seems to creep in. 18 years in one home can have a huge impact on what mozies in. Add the 18 years to the death of grandparents and a parent and it begins to add up quickly. So it has been a pretty heart wretching time, packing and sending mementoes away, hopefully, to be enjoyed by others. I would love to keep it all, but why? It's a hard question as I think deep down in our genes we are all packers and savers. But I'm here to tell you that through all the clutter and through all the tears it is enlightening to have it gone. Guilt....sure. But to be able to look in a closet and find what you're looking for instead of emptying the closet and packing it all back in only to find it stuffed in a dresser is a glorious event indeed.

So today I have some free-time. I am not packing, sorting, crying or throwing things. I am baking. I moved my toaster oven out side as it is much to hot for baking indoors. In packing up the freezer I found blueberries, zucchini and some lemon zest so I got to work. Thanks to Allrecipes for many great great zucchini recipes and to Betty Crocker for the best Blueberry coffee cake...ever! I wish you could smell the gloriousness of cinnamon in the air as you walk out to the back patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment