Sunday, May 27, 2012

Found Things

Been busy busy busy getting the cottage revamped. We are so excited with this newly acquired abode. But since I don't have any pics to share I will skip all the boring details of the work accomplished thus far. I am sure you can picture all the effort into renovating a home that has not had any updating or work done to it in years. But I will show you some of the things that I have managed to get done.

So lets talk about the things you can do with 'found' objects. Now being the frugal (cheap) person that I am, I get very excited at the little things life throws at me. During a walk with my dear companion Cody, I came across a deer skull in the woods. Now what to do with it? Most would think to toss it asside I'm sure, but not me. Not long after Dad showed up with a shepards hook and Uncle Butch brought me a box of assorted size bottle neck gourds. Now you may want to ask yourself, what could she possibly be thinking of making with a skull, a shepards hook and some bottle neck gourds. Well let me show you
This was a great project and took very little time. Tho I did have to break out a cordless drill, a box cutter and raid hubbys supply of wire (I 'found' it). So don't hold back when you find some very odd things in your possession. Am very much looking forward to seeing the Morning Glories creeping up the shepards hook this summer.

So now all the seeds are planted and I can sit back and enjoy watching them grow. Ok, maybe not sit back. Floor still needs to be laid, wall paper hung, and paint applied. Good things to do on a rainy day. Happy gardening and blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment